22 May Planning to Move to a New Office? The Best Quote is a Click Away
Moving office is probably even more stressful than moving to a new house. First of all, there is a lot more to move and then you also have the matter of the number of people to collaborate with. When planning an office move, it is best to request an accurate quote so that you can budget and plan accordingly. It can be quite disappointing to discover that your move is going to cost a lot more than expected, especially if hidden costs suddenly present themselves a few days before the move.
When you are planning your budget, always cater for a little bit extra, just in case. Alternatively, ensure that your quote includes absolutely every expected expense. While it might be the responsibility of the professional moving company to provide you with an accurate quote, there is a lot that you can do to ensure that the quote is as accurate as possible and that no unexpected expenses crop up along the way.
Here’s what you can do prior to your office move to ensure that your quote is affordable and all-inclusive:
- • Make an inventory: While it may take some time to do, it is important to begin by first making an inventory of all the items that must be moved, including inside and outside items, stock, furniture, equipment, and more. Also include how many offices are within the building and make a note of any unusually shaped items or items that are very heavy.
- • Measure the distance: Provide the collection and drop-off addresses and calculate the distance between the two points. The longer the distance, the more expensive it will be. If the removals company knows the distance beforehand, they will be able to accurately calculate their expenses.
- • Be flexible with your moving dates: Moving at the end of a month can be more expensive than moving a week earlier or later. Confirm the dates with the removal company and try work around that, especially if you are trying to cut back on costs and have a bit of time to play with.
- • The services you need: Communicate clearly with the removals company about the type of services you want and what you expect to be included in the quote. If you just want a collection and drop-off service, that is what you will get. If you want everything professionally packaged and unpacked, as well as set-up at the new premises, that is what you will get. You just need to make sure that all parties are aware of what is required and expected.
- • Don’t forget about insurance: This is the only way to ensure that any damage or losses are covered. Moving with confidence and complete peace of mind is made possible when proper office moving insurance is in place. Make sure that you are sufficiently covered and actually understand the small details included in the insurance cover you have chosen.
One of the most important things that you can do for your move is to hire a removals company that is experienced and skilled. While affordable rates are important, it is not the only important aspect to consider when choosing between office moving companies. The Elliott Afrovan team has a team of trained and experienced office moving experts available to assist with your move. Our team comprises of permanent staff members who we have given formal training so that your equipment and valuables are handled with the best care. Knowing how to handle all types of equipment and furniture is an important factor if you wish to get all your belongings in one piece.
Get a Quote Today
When requesting an office move quote from Elliott Afrovan, one of our consultants will come to your premises to assess just how much time and manpower is required to effectively manage your move. By assessing the premises in person, we can provide you with an accurate quote, as well as a variety of moving tips and advice to ready you and your employees for the day of the move.
If you would like to learn more about our office moving services and just how we can simplify your office relocation for you, take the time to get in touch with us. Send us an email or give us a call to discuss the details of your relocation and to arrange an on-site inspection.