Top Tips for Choosing Office Removal Companies in South Africa
The first step towards successful office relocation is to select one of the professional office removal companies in South Africa. A bit of research about the various companies is important, in order to ensure that you select an office removal company that can manage your particular relocation effectively and at an affordable price.
Below is a checklist that you can use to determine the suitability of the office removal companies for your relocation requirements:
- Does the company have adequate insurance? Enquire about the insurance company, and where possible, request the policy number. A company with a relatively low claims record is best.
- Does the company have their own fleet of vehicles? Look for a company that owns its own fleet of vehicles and have tracking devices on them, to ensure optimal monitoring of the vehicles’ whereabouts.
- Will the company be able to provide you with an outline of their responsibilities, your responsibilities and documents required upfront?
- Is the quote given based on the information that you provide or does the company do a formal site inspection and evaluation before they provide a quote? You will want a service provider that provides accurate and objective quotes based on full site evaluation and surveys.
- Does the company have vehicles fitted with special suspension and lifting equipment for handling of delicate items and IT equipment? Choose one of the office removal companies that have the required equipment to ensure safe lifting and transportation of delicate items.
- Does the company offer document storage and warehousing services? Select the service provider that can offer you the add-on services for extra peace of mind.
- How much of the workload will be handled by the company? You will want to minimise the work required from your staff and will thus benefit from using a company that can do the packing, unpacking, storage, planning, and assembling tasks as well.
- Will there be a central project manager to ensure accountability? You need a contact person that coordinates the entire effort, and works with your facility manager and teams to ensure a seamless relocation.
- If any of your office items will be left in a moving truck overnight, will the truck be parked in a secure facility? Use a company that offers added security to protect your office documents and equipment.
Do not settle for an online quote based only on the information that you provide in a form. This will leave far too much room for error and unpleasant expense surprises. The company may underestimate the costs and to save on their end, in order to still make a profit, may be tempted to compromise on quality of service delivery at your risk. It is thus essential to go with one of the office removal companies that conduct full site inspections, discuss the logistics with you and create a full evaluation report before they offer a formal estimate.
In order to get an accurate estimate, you need to provide the office mover information, such as obstacles, stair cases, lifts available, time that the move can take place, special permissions needed and security measures that must be taken.
You can start by making an inventory of all of the items that must be moved and placing them in specific categories, such as furniture, IT, loose items, kitchen, documents, filing cabinets, and delicate items.
Do not settle for a telephonic estimate. Get a formal written one that includes the company’s letterhead and full registration details. Check for details such as hours charged, distance costs, extra services, such as packing and unpacking, and project management. The more complete the quote is, the less chance for misunderstandings at the end of the day.
Discuss the Nuts & Bolts
Rather get everything in writing. You want to know what your team’s responsibilities are and what you can expect from the office removal company’s team. It is thus essential to discuss your specific requirements and expectations, as well as any special requests that you may have before the quote. Always read the terms & conditions of the quote and agreement carefully, before signing such.
Elliott Afrovan meets and exceeds the requirements for suitable office removal companies. View our full range of services, the “Testimonials” page and learn more about our team in the “About us section”. Contact us to discuss your particular relocation requirements today.