How to Work Well with Office Removal Companies
If the thought of moving puts you in a bad mood, rest assured that you are not alone. Moving can be a very stressful and bothersome endeavour and it is only by being mentally, physically, and emotionally prepared that you can expect to come out on the other side with a smile on your face. We want to change the way you think about moving. We want to show you that, by working closely with us, your move can be a positive experience. Whether you think it is necessary or not, you are going to have to work with your office removal company to enjoy a smooth move from one business premises to another. Office removal companies may offer a fully inclusive and comprehensive service, but you will still be required to communicate clearly and provide them with all of your requirements. In order to work well with your removal company and ensure that your business relocation goes off without a hitch, it is important to provide the company with the correct information upfront. Below is a list of tips on what to provide and how to handle the situation.
- • Always book the services of your removal company in advance. The last thing you want is to be disappointed to find out that they are fully booked on your intended move date.
- • Arrange a site visit with the removals manager to ensure that you both have the same vision for the move. This is a good opportunity for the removals team to see the size of items and just how much work is required. Making sure that there is sufficient labour available on the day depends on this particular visit. While this happens, it is the perfect time to make a full list of absolutely every item to be moved and provide the removals company with a copy. This list will be useful in helping them to provide you with an accurate quote, but can also be used to check off items on the day of the move.
- • If you have anything fragile, heavy, or awkwardly shaped, it is important to advise the team upfront so that they can make the appropriate arrangements to handle it correctly.
- • Make sure that everything is packaged, wrapped, and ready to go on moving day. Last-minute packing and preparing will slow things down and can often result in things getting lost or damaged. If you do not have time to pack and wrap things, considering asking for a full-service package where professional packers can come and pack up the office for you, prior to the move.
- • Enquire about packaging and moving materials. You will often find that removals companies offer these quite cheaply. If you need extra boxes, packaging tape, bubble wrap, or blankets, let the company know.
- • Check out the vehicle options available. Firstly, if you are moving to a complex or on roads where there are weight and height restrictions on vehicles, your removals team will need to know about this. It is essential that time is not wasted packing vehicles that will not be allowed on the road or at the complex.
- • Determine what sort of service you would like. Would you like everything handled, from packing and unpacking, to reconstructing furniture and so on, or are you looking for a basic transport service? It is best to discuss this with the company before the move takes place. Everyone must be on the same page.
When planning your move, remember to keep your customers and staff members informed. It is best to start advertising the new premises a few months in advance, so that people can get used to the idea and familiarise themselves with the new information. Ensure that your telephone lines are relocated in advance and ready, and that you have let all of your suppliers and creditors know of your new address too. You can also simplify things by encouraging each staff member to take personal responsibility for their own workstations during and after the move.
If you have been looking for office removal companies in Gauteng to assist you with your upcoming move, we would love to be your number one choice. Let us show you how to move your offices the Elliott Afrovan way. For more information and advice, contact us via email or telephone today.