Properly Planning Your Office Furniture Removal
As moving day approaches, the stress and strain of the day simply mount up and the feeling of motivation and excitement of a month ago now probably feels more like a chore than anything else. That’s the problem with moving. It requires a great deal planning and often those in charge of managing the move become complacent and disinterested in the process as time passes. If it is a hassle (and we all know that moving is), there is going to come a time when you just feel like throwing in the towel. Organising office furniture removal is not for the faint-hearted and if you are tasked with the job, it is important to partner with a professional moving company that can pick up the slack and ensure that you are fully prepared for the big day.
We would just like to reiterate that office furniture removal is no simple task. Regardless of how much you plan, it is important to realise that there will be a lot of stress going around during the days leading up to the move and, of course, on the day itself. The trick to lessening your stress is to make use of the services of a professional office furniture removal company. A professional moving company will be able to assist you with the preparation of the move, collecting the furniture and equipment, and even setting it all up correctly for you on the other side. When you think about it, that is a clear majority of the battle already won. There is not much else for you to think about or arrange. The earlier you start planning, the more relaxed you will be about the details.
Complacency is a big problem when it comes to planning a move. Packing and wrapping all the items may seem like such a hassle, especially when you begin to realise exactly how much stuff you need to move, making the idea of winging it so much more tempting to move the items unprotected. But doing this will be a mistake that you may regret dearly, especially if you get to the new premises only to end up with furniture that features scrapes and dings, or paperwork and files that are tatty or even missing. Task your moving company with packing, wrapping and preparing all of your equipment, files and furniture prior to the move. Our moving company offers this service and many of our customers jump at the opportunity to benefit from a few extra helping hands.
We understand that while you are busy preparing for the move, you still have your daily work that must be done, so you may, understandably, overlook a thing or two, which is where we come in. As a preferred office furniture removal company in South Africa, we have heard it all, and we would like to help you to avoid the pitfalls often associated with an unprepared move. Here are a few tips to make sure that your move does not affect your business in a negative way:
- • Apply for new telephone lines and make sure that your new contact number is well advertised in advance.
- • Ensure that all of your customers are advised of your official moving date and what your new address will be.
- • Make sure that all stock is accounted for before the move, as this will make it easier to double check that everything is there when unpacking.
- • Try to arrange your move on a day that will least affect your business. If your business is always busy, try move at night, over a weekend, or even on a public holiday.
- • Brief all of your staff members on the upcoming move and make sure that they know what role they will play in the process.
- • Change your address and contact details on your website and social media pages, as well as on your business stationery so that existing and potential clients can find you with ease.
- • Start planning and preparing for your move at least 3 months in advance.
When it comes to office furniture removal, it is best to seek out a professional team that has your best interests at heart. At Elliott Afrovan, getting you and your office equipment and furniture to your new premises quickly and safely is our top priority. To learn more about our relocation services, simply contact us today.