Ensure an Easy Office Move with the Help of Elliott Afrovan
If you are hoping to ensure an easy office move, you are going to need to plan properly. Many business owners dream of being able to relocate their offices and resume business immediately, but this not possible if you are unprepared, or leave things until the last minute. With efficient planning, you can dramatically reduce downtime and interruption to income. By hiring us to handle your move, you are one step closer to experiencing the type of business move that you have been dreaming of.
Many people think that packing up the office space and transporting furniture and boxes are all that is involved in a move, but that is simply not the case. There is a lot more to consider to ensure that moving day goes smoothly. Below is a summarised checklist of things that you should do in the time that leads up to your move day:
- Ensure that you tie up all loose ends with your current property contract. Make a list of what needs to be done before you vacate the premises. You might need to hire a cleaning service to clean the carpets or premises. You might even have to restore some parts of the premises to its prior state if you have made any temporary alterations. Make sure that you will not be in breach of contract in any way.
- Make contact with your suppliers and advise them of the exact date of your move. This will help them to update the business contact and delivery details. Suppliers are not only those companies that provide you with stock, they are also utilities companies. It is important to move your telephone lines and water and lights accounts well in advance to avoid inconvenient and unnecessary delays.
- Compile a budget and list of things that will need to be paid for during the move and ensure that these are catered to on time. Some important expenses might include the removals company deposit, deposit and first months’ rent on the new premises, overtime for staff members assisting with the move, and so on.
- Put a moving strategy in place that is date-specific and make sure that you keep reminding your staff members of this. If you want packing to start on a certain date, send out memos and put up posters reminding staff to start packing. By supplying a timeline of the move to your employees, they will be more prepared for moving day and also more motivated to get their part of the process over and done with.
- Make sure that you have packing materials ordered well in advance and made available to your staff members. We stock packing materials such as boxes (in a wide variety of sizes) and packaging tape, as well as bubble wrap. Store these items in a place that all staff members can access. If you leave this part of the planning process to the last minute, your packing and preparation can only begin at the last minute!
At Elliott Afrovan, we do everything we can to ensure a hassle-free move for our clients. The first step of our process is to pay a visit to your premises to ascertain just how much manpower your relocation will require. We will need the details of your new premises too, so that we can provide you with an accurate quotation. Details we require include the physical address, and also if there are any stairs to be negotiated or limits on vehicle sizes and weights. In addition to simply loading and unloading your goods safely and carefully, we also offer a packing and preparation service, which goes a long way towards ensuring that companies can remain open for longer during the time of a move. We will take care of the move while your staff members take care of their usual daily responsibilities.
If you would like to ensure that your office move is easy this time around, waste no more time. Get in touch with us at Elliott Afrovan so that we can discuss the intricacies of your move. Simply send us an email or give us a call and one of team members will assist you further.