How to Choose a Moving Company for Corporate Relocations in South Africa
Corporate relocations do not take place overnight and with the expenses associated with packing up and settling in at the new office location, as well as the risks associated with an extensive relocation, you need to select the best possible company to handle the relocation.
A few questions you should ask when shopping around for quotes are listed below to help you get started:
- Does the company have a list of at least three of their most recent relocations of approximately the same size and type of move you plan?
- Can the company offer you insurance options or refer you to a relevant insurer to cover the items, IT equipment, safes, and furniture?
- Will a dedicated moving project manager be appointed to ensure accountability?
- Does the project manager work with your facilities manager in the planning process and how involved are you or your team in the decision making process?
- How many people will the company assign to the move?
- How many of the staff members handling the relocation of IT equipment are qualified specifically for such?
- Does the company have its own fleet of vehicles or will they make use of an external company?
- Which services are offered?
- Will the project manager team schedule a preliminary workshop for your employees to help them prepare for the move?
- Does your team have to pack and unpack files and equipment or does the company offer such as a service?
- Can the company allocate teams for the specific setting up of the office according to your floor plan and designer input?
- Will the company explain the insurance costs, various services and pricing in detail?
- Can they handle the move within the given timeframe?
- Where does the company operate?
- Does the company have the necessary vehicle licenses and is it registered for corporate relocations?
- Which moving expenses are excluded?
- Does the company have full-time employees or are part-time employees hired?
- Do they use eco boxes to minimise the environmental footprint of the move?
- Are the IT equipment vehicles fitted with air suspension and tail lifts for secure moving of the valuable equipment?
- Does the company offer document storage and warehousing services for optimal safety of documents?
- Should they offer unpacking services – will they adhere to the requirement for sequential packing and unpacking of files?
- How does the company plan on making the relocation easier – such as customer service, contact project managers, workshops etc.?
Elliott Afrovan meets and exceeds the requirements for professional corporate relocations throughout South Africa. We have our own fleet of vehicles and the IT equipment moving vehicles are air suspension and tail lift fitted. Our vehicles come with tracking installed, helping you to know exactly where your valuable assets are even when in transit.
We have an impressive track record of satisfied clients and no relocation job is too big to handle! Our staff members are well-trained and qualified in every aspect they deal with and we offer ongoing customer service. We know how important the involvement of your staff is and therefore offer preliminary workshops to answer questions, help them understand the process and how to streamline the entire process for minimum work and income disruption.
We offer a full range of services which include the packing and unpacking of files in sequential order, setting up of the office according to the designer input and floor plan, as well as reporting to keep you up to date. We handle from safes and furniture to heavy equipment, IT systems, documents and all related officer supplies. To ensure the safety of your documents, we also offer warehousing and document storage services.
Since no two company relocations are exactly the same, we provide quotes based on the initial full assessments and according to your specific requirements. Whether you can only relocate over weekends or want the process to be gradually done over a period of months, we are the people to help. We have completed the Alexander Forbes move over four weekends, while the Nedbank Limited move was done over several months to meet client requirements.
Do not compromise when it comes to moving of valuable data, safes, furniture, IT equipment, fine art or factory equipment. Get an experienced team of corporate office movers on your side. View our full list of clients and services and contact us to discuss your particular corporate relocation requirements.